vaginal steam Q&A
While it is true that all women should steam regularly, vaginal steams are not "one size fits all."
Regularly? So I should steam more than once?
Absolutely! In order to maintain optimal womb and overall health steaming at least two times a month is ideal!
While it is a great experience, this should be apart of your regular self care and is so much more than a one time experience. I encourage you to contact me to see which blend is best for you before purchasing!
Herbal blends are a serious matter, there are herbs that may be harmful to you but not to others. Or simply a blend can create extreme discomfort or unexpected bleeding. For this reason, I offer the custom steam option.
When selecting from all blends without consulting me first you understand what has been stated above and purchasing at your own disclosure.
So I can do this at home?
Yes! There are a few ways to do it at home:
using a customized seat
squatting over a bowl
using your SANITIZED throne.
These instructions below are using your throne:
Here’s what you’ll need:
• A toilet
• A wide-rimmed stainless steel bowl- if your toilet is small, adjust bowl size accordingly.
• A large towel or blanket
• A pair of warm socks
1. You’ll first want to give your entire toilet a good scrub with a non-toxic cleaner. You’ll be able to truly enjoy your steam knowing that you’re seated on a clean throne.
2. Next, bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Once water comes to a boil, add to stainless steel bowl. Carefully pour 1/2 of your herbs into the mixing bowl and allow it to cool at least 5 minutes or longer if needed. Allowing this to cool is very important!
3.Place the mixing bowl with the water and herbs into the basin of your toilet bowl. Close the seat (but not the lid). CAUTION: Make sure your bowl of herbs fits absolutely inside the toilet bowl basin before closing the lid and sitting down. Please be careful!
* When you sit on the toilet your body may respond by wanting to empty the bladder. So before placing the bowl in the basin, sit on the toilet without the herbs a minute to be sure.
4. Test the steam on your wrist before sitting down! The tissues of your labia are sensitive, so you don’t want it to feel too hot, steam burns are a serious matter.
5. Get undressed from the waist down (keep warm socks on) and sit on the seat with a blanket wrapped around you to keep the steam in.
6. Sit comfortably for at least 20 minutes. Relax your pelvic floor and take deep, intentional breaths throughout. If it feels too warm, stand up to let it cool more.
Rest afterward. Stay warm and do something nurturing for you, such as; take a bath, or drink a warm herbal tea of raspberry leaf and or nettle. Protect yourself from drafts.
Please keep in mind you will receive optimal results if you make this a regular self-care regimen. You can do it weekly or twice a month. Either way, take care of YOU!